Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Joe Fresh Tinted Lip Balm Review


I love me some tinted lip balm... I have never bought anything cosmetic related from Joe Fresh before (if you've not heard of this brand they tend to be associated with Loblaws but do have their own stores). I walked by the section one day and my eyes landed on these super cutely packaged tinted lip balms.


They come in a variety of shades of course, and I chose "coral".


I didn't know Joe Fresh cosmetics was made in Taiwan! 


The twist-cap packaging is actually very similar to the Sugar tints, but of course it's plastic rather than metal.

As you can see from the photo above, "coral" turned out to be more like candy pink. It's actually very sheer so I didn't bother with a swatch photo. 

Overall, it felt moisturizing, but is a more tacky formulation (think opposite of Sugar, which is very creamy and slippery). I LOVE the smell, which is citrus-grapefruity.  Unfortunately this does have to be reapplied fairly often to maintain that balmy feeling (keep in mind I have very dry lips). Hey, for $4 though...can't do much wrong here.

Have you tried any new lip balms recently? Let me know what your favorite is!

2 comments:

  1. I am a tinted lip balm junkie. When you mention it scented citrus-y, I am convinced I need that. I love scented lip balm for some reason. I have been using Fresh Sugar tinted lip balm for years and still enjoying it much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you and I could do a tinted lip balm stash post one day... I love Fresh Sugar too! (Got introduced when Sephora put them into those bday gifts).

      Delete