Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, December 1, 2014

Winter Skin Rescue Essentials


Brrr winter has definitely come to Toronto (despite a brief break yesterday of warmer tempratures). Today is a quickie post of what I use to rescue my dry-cracked winter skin.

1. Elizabeth Arden 8 hr Cream: classic all-round skin saver, can used anywhere really. I use it mostly on the back of my hands when they crack (I wash my hands a lot at work).  It's super soothing and heals the cuts. It's goopy though so I only use it at night.

2. Smith's Rosebud Salve: another classic all-rounder that I begin using only recently. Some have called it "fancy vaseline", and it does appear to be a pink-rose-smelling-vaseline. I actually don't use Vaseline on myself, as I used that on my daughter's bum when she was a baby, so I just prefer not to associate it with my skincare. The Rosebud salve though, doesn't remind me of my daughter's bum! For that it gains points over Vaseline... This stuff works amazing on the lips. Since I started using this, I have not suffered my usual lip bleeds. I also used this on my nostrils when I had a cold, and didn't end up with red/sensitive/peeling skin from frequently blowing my nose (as would have been the usual result).

3. Hourglass Lip Treatment Oil: I first reviewed this here. I just use it for my lips, so despite not having "all-rounder" status it's awesome for the lips. Enough said.

What are your winter essentials?

2 comments:

  1. I should try using the Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream on my hands too. My hands are chapped all the time in the colder months. My winter essentials are Dior creme de rose for my lips and Soap & Glory hand food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing about the Dior gotta try some time :)

      Delete