Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Empties: March 2015


Yay empties time! Good chance to do a big chunk of mini-reviews!


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: It's a good solid lotion...it doesn't do anything extra for my skin other than moisturizing, which is what it advertises. I get lots of deluxe samples of this so won't be purchasing the big one anytime soon.

Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Tinted Moisurizer SPF15: Now this is a very good tinted moisturizer. It goes on smooth and has enough coverage that I don't really need concealer unless there is a big pimple. You can also put another layer on trouble spots to build up coverage without it looking cakey. It also has an amazing cucumber scent. I won't be repurchasing only because I've got way too many other face products to go through. If you're in the market for a tinted moisturizer though I'd recommend this!

Clinique Moisture Surge: I don't get this product...it advertises to be a moisture "mask", however I found this anything but moisturizing. It goes on nice and soothing, but then as it dries makes my skin feel very tight and uncomfortable. It does smooth lines, however it wasn't advertised as a "firming" or "anti-wrinkle" product, which is more of what it does. Won't be purchasing.



Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara: This was the best smelling mascara I've ever tried! Not that I purposely smell my mascaras, because normally they reek of "chemical", however when using this I catch a lovely whiff of fancy perfume. As a mascara it was both lengthening and volumizing on my dinky lashes. I really enjoyed using this and will consider purchasing the full size product once I go through my massive pile of deluxe mascara samples.





MeMeMe Cheek & Lip Tint: This is a full size product from a previous Topbox, it's very similar to the infamous Benetint, except it doesn't last nearly as long on the lips and smells bad to me. On the face it gives me zero blending time, like it's staying wherever I put it, which is again terrible for me. This obviously isn't empty at all but I have no use for it, and the only place this can go is the trash. Needless to say I don't recommend this. If you like these types of liquid tints go for the Benefit. 

Julep DoubleStep Foot Treatment & Friction Stick: Julep can be really hit and miss for their non-nailpolishes, but this was a very useful product in the winter, when I tend to get dry cracked heels. After I started using this it helped heal some painful cracks and made my heels softer. Will repurchase next winter. 

Lancome Creme Douceur Cream-to-Oil Massage Cleanser: Originally reviewed here. This was a great makeup remover/cleanser and was great for travel since I don't have to worry about oil leaking into my luggage. If you like the feel of oil cleansers, but don't like the messiness of getting it onto your face, this would be an awesome product for you. It comes out as a easily-controllable cream, but turns into a slick oil cleanser once on the face. Will repurchase once I use up more of my cleanser stash. 


Yay to another month, Happy April and hopefully it's warming up to spring where you live! Let me know if you've tried any of these products and what you thought of them!




















           
                          

                               






6 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Moisture Surge Intense? Works great for me! Maybe you need that little bit extra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know there is an "intense" version! I probably do need the extra moisture as my skin gets very dry and patchy in the winter. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried many tinted moisturizers these past few years. I'd rather go for Korean BB cream if I opt not to go for foundation that day. The Estee Lauder one sounds promising though. I find Clinique products often a hit and miss for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rediscovering some of my tinted moisturizers recently, and find that they perform similar to my BB creams, with the exception that they don't have all those other ingredients that are supposed to benefit our skin. I don't have a lot of Estee Lauder products, but the few I've tried have been very good. You're right with Clinique it's hit and miss, makeup or skincare.

      Delete
  3. Whoaa so sorry to hear you don't like Clinique Moisture Surge! The thing is you probably have to layer a lotion on top afterwards, since it's just hydration and not moisturization. If you don't use a lotion on top, the water just evaporates! I hope this makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I never thought of that, good point...I just thought it would be like any other moisturizer...Thanks for pointing that out I will give it a try next time!

      Delete