Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Empties - October 2014


Yup it's November...and right on time it snowed in Toronto on Nov 1. It's time to say good-bye to lighter fall jackets and hello to sweaters and parkas...and also that time to for spit-fire reviews on what I used up this month, a much happier event than winter-coming!


 Bare Escentuals bareVitamins skin rev-er upper: I got this a couple of years ago when I first started using BM and found it again recently so tried to use it up. It really didn't make a difference to my skin or makeup application and I didn't care for the smell, ended up just using it as a body lotion to finish it up. 
Re-buy? Nope...



 Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Mascara: a very natural defining mascara. No "oomph" if you're looking for something more dramatic, cuz it's opposite of that. Doesn't smudge. Overall solid product
Rebuy? maybe...after I use up all my deluxe mascara samples (when will it end...)



 Benefit they're Real! push-up liner: I'm cheating, this isn't even empty, I just can't deal with it anymore! I've heard if one "practiced" more this will wow me, but after multiple trials, I'm done with this stiff and difficult-to-use product (which is also a nightmare to remove, dang I want waterproof not "permanent"). Goodbye and will never repurchase. See original review here.



 "Magical Eyeliner" - waterproof liquid liner: got this for $2 at Daiso. It's super shiny, and although is technically waterproof, if I scratched my eye bits would come off. All it was good for was to practice winged liner.
Re-buy: nope




Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser: this is a deluxe sample so only got a few uses out of it. From what I could tell so far, it's not a bad product but nothing special about it. It didn't make my skin worse or better and was fine for removing light makeup.
Re-buy: probably not, it's not a bad product but there's better out there.



Have you tried any of these? Let me know what you thought of them, or tell me how many deluxe mascara samples you have in your stash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment