Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 6, 2014

Estee Lauder Take It Away Makeup Remover Lotion


After my last bad experience with a well-known lotion makeup remover (reviewed here), I was a bit skeptical about trying another. This product came as a deluxe sample, and since I didn't have to pay for it it's getting a trial!
 

I let waterproof concealer dry and set on my hand. Then put a small glob of Estee Lauder Makeup Remover Lotion next to it. 


After a good mix... I used a tissue as it advised to wipe the whole thing away.


Everything came off! And my skin felt great after. I tried this on my face as well of course, and result was similar and non-drying. Overall, product does what it says. I have not tried to use it on eye makeup and I don't recommend you do. 

(By the way, you can also do this with any other moisturizer...  so I don't think I will repurchase this as it's nothing special. It is however great to put into the work kit to fix minor errors or if removal of a layer of product is needed to rework the look. I won't be using this to take off my whole face makeup nightly though).

Do you use makeup remover lotions? What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. I use cleansing lotion in the morning especially during the winter. But not all the time, so having a deluxe mini like this in the house would always help. I'm indifferent about EL stuff but they rarely disappoint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of using it that way, will have to try that! So true about EL, nothing particularly special strikes me but I never have problems with them either

    ReplyDelete