Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer Review


I love me some concealer... it's what makes one of the biggest differences in my makeup routine towards looking like a "better" me (one that is more awake and alert with those dark circles banished).


I haven't tried many Tarte products before, but I'm a sucker when a product says "creaseless" since I am getting fine lines under my eyes and have had trouble with other concealers in this area.


This concealer is THICK. It's shockingly thick, as in felt like it should have been advertised as a cream and slabbed into a tub rather than in a squeeze tube pretending to be a liquid product.


Despite the initial shock, look at that coverage... you really only need a tiny amount of this, and it's full coverage indeed. This is also moisturizing for me and doesn't highlight the dry patches I have under my eyes (yay circles and bags and patches, I got them all!).  It blends well and I'd say is nearly creaseless for up to 10 hrs or so. There is a some cakiness that starts up after that but hey, it's end of the night, I'm usually home by then and can touch up if I need to go out again.

Overall, awesome concealer indeed. Just be careful to not use too much, as you can see the very small 1/4 pea size amount I used on the back of my hand is way too much for anyone's under-eyes no matter how dark your circles are. Shade range is also quite wide with variety of undertones (unlike other concealer lines we know of that come in 3 shades...), so most people should be able to find a good match. At $29 CDN from your local Sephora-land, with this insane amount of pigment/coverage, this little tube gonna last a long time...

Have you tried this? Let me know what you thought or share with me what your favorite concealers are!

6 comments:

  1. this is definitely a serious concealer. The coverage is amazing. I have heard so much about this but haven't tried this yet. My favorite for under eye is It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye. It is also a very thick texture and a tiny bit goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! It's hard to squeeze out too cuz it's so thick, but worth the trouble I think. I have never tried It cosmetics before, but sounds good!

      Delete
  2. It looks great!
    I currently don't own any concealer and I am on a lookout for a nice one. I will wait and see if a smaller tube comes out in a gift set or something. (Love Tarte for that ;p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for deluxe samples! Especially with these products that we use so little of each time many small sizes can last soooo long

      Delete
  3. What shade did you purchase here? I got one that was too light for me and we seem to have solar skin tones-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I should have put that in the post, it was "fairly light neutral". This is about 1-2 shades lighter than my face.

      Delete