Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Swirl Quick Bread





A break from the makeup stuff...I realized I had some overly ripe bananas today (brown with spots, hubby and I only like to eat yellow with green tips... we have become more particular as we age...), so looked up some banana bread recipes and added couple more things from my pantry/imagination to make this delicious bread (more like a cake, cuz it's not healthy, you've been warned!). Recipe after the jump!




Ingredients:
4 overly ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup quick oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Handful of sliced almonds

Oh... and how could I forget... (Brain is blocking out the "bad" ingredients)....
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter

Method to the madness:
1) mash up bananas with fork (this turned out to be a good workout as my bananas turned out not as ripe as their spotty skins showed)
2) beat eggs
3) preheat oven to 350 deg F
4) cream the bad stuff together (butter and sugar). If your butter just came out of the fridge nuke it in the microwave for a few secs to soften first or your arm will get a workout again
5) mix the badness with banana and eggs and vanilla
6) sprinkle the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into your mixture slowly while mixing (I used a sifter for this step to avoid clumps)
7) pour mixture into non stick bread pan, can grease/flour if you like (I do this as my momma ground it into me, but the hubby bakes without doing it and has never had any issues)
8) sift the cocoa powder onto the mixture in the cake pan
9) with a fork or spatula, make swirling motions in the cake (do not completely mix)
10) sprinkle almonds on top (or any nut of choice)



Enjoy!


Tell me your favorite banana bread/cake recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment