Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner

This new eyeliner from Benefit has been getting tons of positive reviews and press recently, and I finally got my hands on one from a sample deal on Sephora. Unfortunately, it really did not work out for me... see bare eye swatches below (eye liner on bare eye with no other products), if anyone has any tips for me on how to make this work for me please let me know!









This eyeliner has quite a unique slanted silicone tip. The shape is great for making a wing, and the tip does feel soft on the skin.



After loading the pen and wiping that part off, I made one click and drew a few lines. At this point I was getting hopefully as it looks like it can make thin and very pigmented matte black lines.


And yes, waterproof and smudgeproof as heck. Above photo was taken after using a makeup wipe, bioderma sensibio, and then oil-based makeup cleanser in that order. Really held up!  The only thing that gets this off in my kit is the Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover.

Ok so now onto bare eye swatches...where my excitement became let down...



This is with one click, on one eye. Very uneven, limited pigmentation
(no flash)

I'm thinking it's a technique issue, so here's hoping with the other eye... and here's my other eye, with another click. Mildly better but not great.
(photo with bounced flash)

I added another click, and although it got thicker and more pigmented, the line came out real patchy and just...gunky (sorry for lack of better vocabulary).

From far away, it doesn't look overly bad, but get close at all and you'd be able to see the evenness and ugh...  (note: if I were to actually use this in a look I'd tightline as well, doesn't look great to have flesh tones showing through the liner).


This liner has gotten such rave reviews though and I've seen such great looks of it online, what am I doing wrong?! Sigh...

Have you tried this new liner? Let me know how it worked for you and also how you made it work!

4 comments:

  1. From what I've read so far, you're not alone! Many seem to struggle with application and conclude this is another big hype from Benefit. I myself would stick with pencil liners with wet formulas or even classic gel liners. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! My go-to had always been the classic gel liner with angled brush, so thought this was a good combo, but didn't turn out that way :(

      Delete
  2. I just received this in my TopBox prive box this month and I find the application very tricky. As you pointed out, one click is not enough and when I click the second time, yes, more product came out but it gets chunky and one time, a whole chunk came out and went into my eye :( The pigmentation is good with a few applications but it is not easy to draw the perfect wing(plus I'm not very good at doing winged line). Only good thing is it stays put all day long and it is a pain in the butt to remove it at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I couldn't agree more. Sorry to hear a big chunk got into your eye... I found I was getting little flakes in my eye throughout the day, bah...not a great product!

      Delete