Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Why it's bad to buy too many new products at once...


2014 was a stressful year that resulted in a lot of stress shopping. I recently just discovered I completely forgot to open up this beauty from the Lancome x Jason Wu collection from 2014! I remember being excited to buy this but completely forgot about it amongst the pile of other stuff I bought. 
 

Sadly, despite much shaking, this formula is toast. It's consistency is unlike that of other artliners I've used in the past, and the pigmentation is patchy and impossible to even out despite my best efforts. I recall seeing gorgeous photos of this back in 2014, so my only conclusions is that I missed out on it's good days and it must have now gone "off". Sigh... oh how I wish I used and enjoyed this in 2014 when it was meant to be enjoyed!!
 

Do you ever forget about things you buy? Or do you always open up what you buy right away? If you're the latter I'm going to try to be more like you from now on! Or maybe I should just buy less...hm... =)

4 comments:

  1. Aw man, this is so sad! I'm also sorry to hear that 2014 was a tough year for you. I try to open everything that I purchase right away because I typically need it right away. I try not to buy anything otherwise. For me, I have a lot of samples from my subscription box days that are open and everywhere, and it's only now that I'm dedicating myself to using up these products before they expire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you only buy what you need! I've been going through my samples too now that I finally cancelled my subscription boxes, hoping for no more expired products!

      Delete
  2. LOL I can never let them stay in their boxes. Once I buy them, I'll use them immediately. Sometimes, I'll even use them before taking photos for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good for you! Hm I think you identified the other problem for me, sometimes I reach to open something then think, oh I better wait until I have time to take photos (then new stuff arrive and those get forgotten!)

      Delete