Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 25, 2016

Tom Ford Moisturecore Lip Color - Otranto - review + swatch


I'm beyond excited that Sephora is now carrying Tom Ford! Only the summer collection mind you, but I detested that Holt Renfrew was the only place that carried his line before (now Saks 5th Avenue in Toronto has it as well). Nothing particular against Holt Renfrew, but it's 50/50 whether I will get good service or snooty service. So when the recent 15% off sale came, of course I had to pick up something! I don't need any more sheer lippies or tinted lip balms, so this was just a fun splurge.


I've been leaning towards a lot of berry/wine/purple shades recently, so the only shade I really gravitated towards was Otranto. The outer layer is a soft plummy/berry shade with very fine shimmer, with a centre gelly pink core. 

Good sized amount of product, not really ever enough to justify the >$60 regular price tag on this, but that's not why we buy Tom Ford is it...

Here it is in comparison to a regular sized Tom Ford lippie.

Here's a one-swipe swatch, as you can see, quite sheer. It can be built up but I don't like to put on more than one swipe. I love the sheer barely there look for summer.

 It goes on smooth and buttery, but doesn't slip and slide around like some other buttery formulas out there. The shimmer is only noticeable close up, and I certainly can't feel it on my lips which is a plus. The smell is very subtle and not offensive.


The flash really washes the shade out but it shows up like a plum in some lighting, and leans more pinky-purple in other lighting. The centre core gives a very subtle highlight and makes my lips look more full right in the middle.




Have you tried this new line from Tom Ford? What do you think of his lippies generally? Worth the price? This is only my second, I really want more but the price does hold me back...

6 comments:

  1. I only have 2. One in Indian Rose, and another is his Lip Shine in Lust. I like his lip shines more and I haven't tried these. There isn't Tom Ford in my country, so I'm not comfortable buying sight unseen given the price (hence only 2 lipsticks). LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome we both have 2 each! I agree best to try on in person, although for Otranto I bought online without trying it out, but thought if it's sheer it probably can't go too horribly wrong lol

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't say no to this! Sounds and looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the shade I want from this collection. The shade is quite unique and I love plum color. I was going to get this during the Sephora VIB sale but then after grabbing the Aftenooner and feel extremely guilty about the price tag, I restrain myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I got the Afternooner in the US, and thought I have to get at least one TF during the Sephora sale so lippie seemed cheaper. Well if there is a beauty deal/freebie with purchase you want from Sephora can justify the purchase that way? (no freebie with the sale!)

      Delete