Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 21, 2016

3 Months of Empties: Jan - Mar 2016


Wow it's been a long time since my last post! I'm still using up stuff and buying new stuff (hangs head down in shame for the past 3 Sephora sale orders), but haven't really had the time or energy to write about anything. I still love reading other blogs and it's been great seeing what everyone else has been up to in the beauty world! I'm keeping to what I said in my last post, which is that no longer will I write about everything little thing I use/throw, only the stand-outs will get a mention (good or bad). Anything I don't mention means it was "meh".


IOPE Air Cushion - love this BB cushion! Great for winter, and I can still get away with it in summer if I slather on bronzer. Very natural looking and doesn't cake up or crease throughout the day

Lancome Grandiose mascara - wow this does something amazing to my lashes, enough said, you gotta try this if you haven't already.



The Caudalie moisturizer with suncreen, really good stuff! The Clinique black honey lip gloss, terrible! I don't understand this, it goes on like a goopy dark sticky mess, that makes me look unwell.


Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream got me through the winter, it's just amazing for dry-anything. The tube in the middle that is sooo rubbed out is the Bare Escentuals Mineral Sunscreen, it's sadly discontinued but it was amazing to throw in my bag and do a sunscreen touch up midday, as it powders nicely over makeup (I hate how lotion sunscreens say to reapply every 2 hours, how am I suppose to put white sticky cream over my makeup?? I do not understand...)


These 3 were all terrible for me... The MUFE primer did nothing. The Bite lip agave mask was goopy and didn't really moisturize (I'd wake up in the AM with dry lips! So odd as it has good reviews from others, guess it just doesn't go well with my chemistry somehow). The Clarisonic cleanser was very drying and not gentle at all for me.


That's all for now, happy April everyone! Let me know if you have tried any of these and had a similar/different experience!





8 comments:

  1. Great job with your empties! I'm really curious about the Bare Escentuals Mineral Sunscreen you mentioned. Is it in the form of powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup it was a brush on powder! Great for travel too since it's not liquid, I don't understand why good things get discontinued...

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I hear you. Do you think it's because they have come out with something better? Bare Minerals seems to have the same kind of product, but in a jar form.

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure I haven't looked at their line recently. This one was good cuz the brush is included at the top, so just take the kid off and brush on, if the a jar form I would need to bring a brush? I'll look it up!

      Delete
  2. Good job Meiko! I love the IOPE cushion as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to use up stuff these days before digging into new stuff :) IOPE is also the only cushion I've tried, not sure if I should stick to it or try others for kicks?

      Delete
  3. you did amazing! The IOPE cushion is still my favorite and I have repurchased. It is perfect for cooler months and when it gets warmer, it doesn't work out for my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Is it the shade or formula that doesn't work for you in the summer? I tan super easily so by June this shade becomes way too ashy, maybe I should try the darker one

      Delete